At the International School of Wuxi, we have a rolling admissions policy, which means we accept applications for new students throughout the academic school year. Here are some important points to note about our admissions process:
To be eligible for admission, applicants must have a foreign passport, as per the requirements set out by the Wuxi Education Bureau for schools catering to children of foreign nationals.
In the Early Childhood Center (ECC) grades (Foundations, Junior Kindergarten, and Kindergarten), grade assignments are primarily based on birth date, assessment results, and a questionnaire. From first grade onwards, grade-level assignments are determined based on previous school records, interviews, admissions assessments, and age requirements.
We take a holistic approach to evaluating each candidate, considering their academic growth, social and behavioral backgrounds, as well as English proficiency. Our enrollment team, which includes the Admissions Team, Principals, and the Student Services Director, carefully reviews each candidate's application.
In cases where there are more applications than available spaces in certain grades or programs, priority enrollment may be offered to suitable applicants in the following categories: children of LifePlus staff, eligible siblings of current students, students currently attending other LifePlus international schools, returning LifePlus international school students, and applicants with higher levels of English proficiency. Admissions decisions also take into account the need to maintain a diverse community of students, including English language learners and other relevant demographic factors.
If a student meets the necessary admission requirements but there is no space available, they may be placed in a waiting pool. This waiting pool is dissolved at the end of the school year, and parents would need to re-apply if they wish to be considered for enrollment in the following school year. We encourage parents to explore other educational options while their child is in the waiting pool.
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss our entry requirements, our Admissions Team is always available to assist you.
All tuition fees and costs are quoted in RMB. Tuition and fees are reviewed each spring during the enrolment period.
|Elementary Grades 1–5||184,000|
|Secondary Grades 6–12||204,000|
You must pay tuition in full or by semester before enrollment. All costs can be paid according to an approved payment plan.
|Registration and test fee||3,500 per student|
|English Language Service fee (Grade 1+, if required)||Beginner: 15,000; Intermediate: 0|
|Learning Support Service fee (if required)||50,000 max|
|School bus transportation||Within district: 8,000|
|School bus transportation||Outside district: 10,000|
|Lunch||5,250 per academic school year|
|Guest lunch ticket||30 per incident|
|iPad/MacBook in-school use||Provided in class|
|iPad/MacBook rental (Grades 9–10)||1,000 per academic school year|
|School uniform||Typically, 1,000|
|Multiple child benefit||5% off tuition per child|
|Secondary extra-curricular activities (optional)||750–1000 per trip|
|After-school + co-curricular activities||Activity-dependant|
According to Chinese law, we are unable to admit children of Chinese citizens living in China unless certain conditions are met.
- These conditions include having at least one parent with a foreign passport who is legally working, visiting, or studying in Wuxi (excluding tourist visas), or both parents and the child holding foreign passports and the child living in Wuxi with a legal guardian.
- Other conditions include students having a Hong Kong, China; Macau, China; or Taiwan, China residency permit and the required border control stamps, as well as at least one parent having a residency permit and proof of living in the country of permanent residency for at least two years.
- Additionally, children born overseas with a legal birth certificate and passport of the country of birth are eligible for admission.
In cases where there are more applications than available spaces, priority enrollment may be offered to children of LifePlus staff, eligible siblings of current students, students attending other LifePlus international schools, returning LifePlus international school students, and applicants with higher levels of English proficiency. Admissions decisions also consider the current student body's English language learners and other relevant demographic factors to ensure a diverse community of students.
If a student meets the necessary admission requirements but there is no space available, they may be placed in a waiting pool. The waiting pool is dissolved at the end of the school year, and parents need to re-apply if they wish to be considered for enrollment for the following school year. We encourage parents to explore other educational options while their child is in the waiting pool.
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss our entry requirements, please feel free to contact our Admissions office at +86-0510-8101-9012.
Payment plan options
- Full-year tuition and fee payment is due by the end of July. Semester payments are due by the end of July or the end of December.
- To receive the early-bird benefit, payment of full-year tuition and fees must be received no later than the end of May.
- For individuals or companies that pay the full year’s tuition before the end of May, International School of Wuxi will waive the lunch fee for the entire year for the individual student.
- Mid-year enrollment tuition and fees are charged by the number of days remaining for the semester.
Tuition refund information
- Refunds are not given for days already attended. Only full quarters not attended will be refunded.
- The new student registration fee is payable at registration and is not refundable.
- No portion of the tuition will be refunded for a student dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons.
- Tuition and fees are non-transferable to another student.
- All refunds must be requested in writing and be accompanied by the original “fapiao”.
- Students who graduate out of English Language Support (ELS) or Learning Support (LS) will be refunded by the days they no longer need the additional services.
Late fees and action
- Payments more than 5 days past due is subject to a 500 RMB late fee.
- If payment is more than 10 days past due, International School of Wuxi reserves the right to exclude students from classes until payment is made.
- Report cards and/or transcripts will be withheld from students whose accounts are delinquent.
- If International School of Wuxi is unable to deliver any part of its academic or curricular program due to an act of nature or any situation falling under the category of “force majeure”, the school will not be held financially responsible.
- International School of Wuxi shall adopt alternative and substitutive programs (such as online courses or other forms of courses) as much as possible to achieve the goal of normal teaching programs.
- Without reasonable cause, parents shall not refuse such alternative and substitutive programs offered by International School of Wuxi or LifePlus.
- If International School of Wuxi is unable to provide normal courses and is required to take alternative measures, the normal refund policy will be held in effect in such a situation and reasonable consideration given to the circumstances.
Grow academically and beyond
Ready to receive the highest quality education in a warm, caring and encouraging community?